Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 20 - A Bit Preoccupied

Sunday -
Bacon wrapped braised rabbit with fennel, sweet potato mash and swiss chard from our garden.

Monday -
Fended for ourselves.

Tuesday -
BBQ chicken (we finally had to get rid of Escape Chicken) with cauliflower puree

Wednesday -
Puree of Squash soup with bacon from squash we grew.

Thursday -
Eggs, sauteed potatoes and mushrooms from the farmers' market, and Sausage from Angelo's Smokehouse

Friday -
We went to an Urban Farmer get-together to discuss the goings-ons this Spring.

Saturday -
Grassfed London Broil with rice.

Reflections -
Wow! What a whirlwind week this has been! It all started on Wednesday when the Dervaes Family (look them up if you don't know them because I refuse to link to them now) posted a letter on their website. At first I thought it was a joke. When I realized it wasn't I was livid. And disappointed. The following days didn't make me calmer. The more I thought about it angrier I got, which resulted in a post that was more snark than anything. Definitely not typical for me. Don't get me wrong, I can be snarkier than most, but I try to at least have some level of professionalism on my blog. Because I realize what the Dervaes' don't - the Internet is FOREVER.

In other news though, we went whole hog and bought a 250+ lb hog. Next week it will be slaughtered and butchered. Just think of all the sausage I'll be able to make! I'm currently curing some Maple cured smoked bacon and brining a brisket for corned beef.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto on the trademark thing. I feel the same way. Seems they are swept up in their own marketability. Irony is most of what they do... is not original. Just concepts repackaged, pictured and resold.

    ReplyDelete