Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blessed are the Cheesemakers


I am new to making cheese, but I love doing it! Once you have the tools you need it can be quite fun, though sometimes time consuming. But the resulting product is nothing short of amazing. There's something to be said about processing your own food.

So I'm taking a page from Mrs. Wheelbarrow and The Yummy Mummy with their Charcutepalooza: A Year of Meat. What better accouterments to go with cured meat than some cheese?

Starting January 1st I will post a new cheesemaking challenge. Join me in learning how to make cheese, talk about it, write about, take lots of photos. I'll post more about it in the upcoming weeks, but for now, consider this your warning.

11 comments:

  1. Excellent! I am very proficient making goat cheese and look forward to the challenge!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made cheese but have ALWAYS wanted to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, I love making cheese. I usually make a lot of it but right now our dairy goat is drying off so right now I'm just dreaming of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I make my own yogurt and kefir (with purchased cow's milk), so this week I am trying out making lebneh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had so much fun doing the Charcutepalooza challenge and have wanted to make cheese for a long time now. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright!
    ,I have made cheese for years,we grow the rest of our food also.I'm excited to learn any tips or new products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lookin forward to reading about it, I created a blog to create my own cheesemaking adventures, as well as my 365 cheese challenge (eating 365 cheeses in a year) http://cheesenotes.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am brand new to cheesemaking but eager to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am planning to start cheesemaking the first of the year. Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect timing! I have no less than 12 gallons of milk in my fridge right now, I suppose it's time to learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete