Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 42 - Just 10 more left

Sunday 
Curried Parsnip Soup with parsnips from our garden and onions from the neighbor.

Monday
Veggie stir fry with green beans, peppers, squash, and celery from the garden, onions from our neighbor and rice.

Tuesday
Pork with fried potatoes and corn on the cob. I don't think I've enjoyed a meal as much as I did this one.
Wednesday

Thursday
BBQ chicken with BBQ corn.

Friday
Pizza with zucchini, onions, bacon and homemade goats' milk jack cheese.

Saturday
My mom was in town and she took us out for dinner.

Reflections
I'm seriously DONE with cucumbers and green beans. For most of the week, it's what my diet primarily consisted of with a bit of zucchini, beets, parsnips and onions mixed in for good measure. I was surpised with how crappy I began to feel in the beginning of the week. I needed starches, fat and protein badly. It was why such a simple meal of pork, potatoes and corn - something we eat pretty regularly -  was so thoroughly enjoyed on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Despite the cukes and beans I have to say I've so enjoyed your journey and you have inspired me in more ways than one to live and eat healthier.We've made a lot of dietary changes over the course of reading you blog and watching some great food documentaries and will continue to make changes. Thanks for sharing your adventure!

    ReplyDelete